Proscia has released a new edition of Concentriq, the company’s flagship digital pathology platform. The new Concentriq Commercial Research Edition is a comprehensive image management solution purpose-built to help life sciences organizations more readily incorporate pathology data into research, discovery, and clinical trials.
PHILADELPHIA (PRWEB) FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Proscia, a pioneer in the development and advancement of digital pathology, has released a new edition of Concentriq, the company’s flagship digital pathology platform. The new Concentriq Commercial Research Edition is a comprehensive image management solution purpose-built to help life sciences organizations more readily incorporate pathology data into research, discovery, and clinical trials.
The Commercial Research Edition extends Proscia’s Concentriq platform with new features and enterprise scalability that pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and commercial research organizations (CROs) require to better realize the true promise of digital pathology. The capabilities of this single centralized platform empower life science teams to streamline workflows, integrate with third party systems, cut costs, and extract critical insights from massive quantities of images.
“Having a comprehensive digital pathology solution specifically designed for the needs of scientists and pathologists allows them to focus on research and discovery instead of wasting valuable time on tedious image management and data gathering,” explained Nathan Buchbinder, Chief Product Officer of Proscia. “By perfecting research with intelligent software, we are changing the way the world practices pathology and helping life sciences organizations bring new discoveries to market faster and at a lower cost.”
The new Concentriq Commercial Research Edition offers a comprehensive image management solution with features essential to maximizing digital pathology investment and efficiency within research laboratories. Some of these include:
- Interoperability: Seamlessly integrates with leading scanners, laboratory information systems (LIS), clinical trials management systems, and image analysis solutions to ensure up-to-date pathology data is always available across the laboratory’s technology ecosystem.
- Optimized data management: Introduces highly configurable hierarchical image and data management, such as mapping data repositories to related programs, studies, and experiments; automates image management and metadata association from LIS, including drag-and-drop metadata association from spreadsheets and mass data import.
- Enhanced viewing: Enables split-screen viewing and navigation of multiple images in the same window; presents fluorescent images and brightfield images in a single platform.
- Tissue Microarray (TMA) management: Automates segmentation of whole TMA images into individual core images, with same-core and multiple stain viewing simultaneously.
- Collaboration and sharing: Supports collaboration among departments, geographies, and organizations; controls data access with configurable role- and user-based permissions.
- Flexible deployment: Deploys in cloud, on-premise, or hybrid configurations to satisfy any IT requirement and price point.
“As a global provider of neurohistological services to a broad spectrum of organizations within the research industry, we consistently strive to improve our technologies and services to deliver the highest quality histology, imaging, and analysis to our clients at an expedited rate,” explained Tate York, Director of Digital Microscopy and Image Analysis at NeuroScience Associates. “Having a comprehensive digital histology solution was the last piece of the puzzle we needed to tie our neurohistology services with our digital workflow. With Concentriq, we can now rapidly provide our clients with both the images and the associated data in a user-friendly way, ultimately speeding up the research process.”
Life sciences organizations have been on the forefront of digital pathology adoption in an effort to better assimilate data from multiple sources and leverage the hidden data trapped in physical glass slides; however, the transition to digital has introduced a new set of complexities. These organizations are now facing new challenges, including managing a massive number of images and associated data, ensuring accessibility, and integrating with existing systems and workflows. Proscia’s Concentriq platform takes digital pathology to the next level by eliminating the data bottlenecks that prevent teams from realizing the full promise of digitization.
Proscia’s Concentriq Digital Pathology Platform is an enterprise-class suite of digital pathology solutions for whole-slide image, data, and workflow management. There are now three editions of the platform: Concentriq Clinical Enterprise Edition*, Concentriq Academic Research & Education Edition, and Concentriq Commercial Research Edition. Concentriq’s robust and scalable architecture delivers powerful digital pathology experiences that enable laboratories to increase efficiency and maximize productivity.
- Overview: Proscia Concentriq Digital Pathology Platform
- Overview: Concentriq Commercial Research Edition
Proscia was founded in 2014 by a team out of Johns Hopkins and the University of Pittsburgh to improve clinical outcomes and accelerate the discovery of breakthrough advancements in the fight against cancer. Using modern computing technologies that unlock hidden data not visible to the human eye and turning that data into valuable insights in the fight against cancer, the company is dedicated to improving the efficiency, speed, and quality of pathology diagnostics and research.
*Concentriq is not intended for use in primary diagnosis.